Saturday, January 30, 2010

Setting Up A Gmail Account


Gmail is short for Google mail, and by setting up a free account you are setting yourself up for a lot more than just a Gmail Account. With Gmail you can send e-mails, add contacts, and chat.

Google has a lot of free tools and products designed especially for the online marketer, and the good thing about Gmail is that you can quickly and easily log into all your accounts with one single log in. Now depending on how many tools you use from Google, this will save you a lot of headaches and a lot of time as well.

Everything can be kept neatly in one place making it extremely easy to access your documents or other tools or programs which you might use.
 
If making money online is one of your goals, or even if you're already making money, you'll find that using the Google tools is much easier than any other program. There are some programs which are obviously not as great as if you were to purchase them from another company, but nevertheless, Google is a great place to start. 

Some of these tools which are not as great are the PDF creator, I prefer open office; and Google docs also do not have all the features which Microsoft Word does. But I use Google docs because opening a new file is just so much easier than with Word, plus I can see all the files names and folders before I even open.

But the keyword research tool is fantastic, and I would never consider switching to another, I also love Analytics, Webmaster tools, Google reader, Blogger, and so many others.

What I like most is that I can keep all my spreadsheets, documents, calenders and daily tasks all in one convenient place. I don't need to open three different programs which will only slow my computer down.

Google also makes it extremely easy for file sharing; you decide who gets to see your files and you can share documents, pictures, and even your calender. Plus none of the files which you create are stored on your computer, which allows you to access your files from any computer around the world.

So if you don't have a Gmail account yet, I would encourage you to check it out and at least give it a try. All you do is go to google.com and in the top left-hand corner you should see a link which says Gmail; this link will take you directly to a page where you can either log in, or sign up for your free account.

No comments: